Friday, February 11, 2011

Vintage Tags

Hi everyone.  This first post is my very first attempt at making vintage tags.  I had seen quite a few on youtube and blogs, but had never tried them before.  One of the crafters I watched on youtube is suziecrafter10.  I don't know her blog name or I would share.  My tags are by no means as beautiful or complicated as hers but I think they came out great...Take a look and let me know what you think.

The first tag is colored with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Broken glass and Tattered Rose.  I found the image online printed and cut it out. The flower at the bottom is made from gathering ribbon.  It has a tulle flower behind it and a pearl center.  There is also tulle at the top.  I am waiting for some special fibers to finish the hanger.  The lace on her dress is stickled with Stickles Diamond.  I covered the whole image with Aleene's Paper Glaze.

The second tag is again a computer generated image.  I covered the tags (TBBM) with designer paper from my scraps.  I put some vintage lace from a doily my mother-in-law crocheted years ago along the bottom.  Added a vintage button I had and the roses from Jolee's.
So tell me what you think
Thanks,  I will be right back.  I have two challenges to enter
See Ya............play nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment