Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Cards

Hi,  It's me again!
Had to make a couple of birthday cards for a special order I received yesterday at the craft show.  They are for two sons-in-law.  Both like to cook so I wanted to do something in a food theme.  What do you think?

I think this is the cutest card.  It's a Big Mac.  Well it really doesn't have any special sauce but it does have lettuce tomato and cheese.  All made with simple cuts. 
 Two ovals that are 3x2.25...........Bun
One 2 inch scalloped circle..............lettuce
One one inch square................cheese
One small oval in red............tomato
I dotted the top of the but with my brown marker
Triple mounted with white 3x3 1/4
Craft at 3 1/4 x 3 1/2
Black 3 1/2 x 4
I rounded all the corners and put a brad in each.
The sentiments were computer generated and cut free hand.
Cute huh?
The second card took me FOREVER cause I could not figure out how to cut the grill and make the colors come out.........Finally the third time was a charm. 

Grill is from From My Kitchen page 41
Looking at the book, it is not easy to figure out which is cut in what color.  Finally found that layer one was the orange layer.  I was not having fun.
All layers cut at 3.13.  This paper is from my stash
DSP from my scraps and I don't remember what book
Mustard, Ketchup and hamburger are Jolees
I like the finished product.  It is simple but to the point.
Sentiment computer generated.
Well that's all for today.  I am going in the pool...............82 here today and water is 80...Sorry
Can't wait to get back in the challenges and hops next week.
See Ya............play nice


4 comments:

  1. Adorable - great job on the hamburger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute card! I love the little extras on the inside!! TFS! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute cards!!!! Love your hamburger!!

    http://debbiesdashofthisandthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute! That burger card would be perfect for my husband! There's just something in him that requires him to eat a burger every single day, lol

    ReplyDelete