Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Challenges

Hi everyone.  I just finished a card that I am going to enter into a couple of challenges.  The first is Digi Monday over at Paper Playtime.  The last Monday of the month is a digi stamp challenge.  This is the first digi stamp I have ever used but I just loved Gillian over at Prairie Fairy Designs.  You can see all of their  downloads HERE  I actually bought three.  Some really nice designs.  I think she came out cute for the first try.  The second challenge is over at Fantabulous Cricut. Monday Challenge #49 is to make a shaped card.
I bought the Nursery Rhymes Cartridge a few weeks ago when Michael's had their $10.00 sale.  I don't think I am going to get too much use from it but I wanted to see if I could use any of the cuts for this challenge.  Well each page has a monogram feature.  I decided to use my gypsy to weld two together.  I hid the monogram.  Then cut a smaller one for the inside layer.  Here is the card.  What do you think?

Recipe:
Card cut at 5.5 tall and stretched to 4.25 wide
Inside layer approx 1/2 inch smaller
Embossed the inside layer with my cuttlebug
Added some gathered ribbon and a sentiment tag that I have had forever
Gillian was cut at 3.75 (Isn't she too cute)?
Well that's it for now till I find something else to challenge me.  I am hoping to get a Flip camera sometime this month the I will have to learn how to video some of my projects.  ANOTHER FIRST.  Yikes!!!
See you later..................play nice.

8 comments:

  1. This is precious! Thanks for playing at Paper Playtime. :) Janis

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you created this shape! It looks so sharp. Thanks so much for playing along with us at FCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card...I love the little girl! Thanks for playing along with us this week at FCCB!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This came out GREAT! I have an award for you. Pop by my blog and pick it up when you get a chance :)
    http://chick-n-scrap.blogspot.com/2011/03/2-awards-from-4-bloggers-challenge-top.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Card!! Love the digi you used! Nice work with your gypsy! :)

    Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!!

    Maquel
    http://papermaineiac.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea to weld the shapes for the card.
    the gal with the hat makes me giggle.
    Thanks for joining us playing along at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HOW cute!!!! Love the girl and the colors you put together. Thanks for joining us this week at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute. Thanks for playing along at FCCB.

    ReplyDelete