Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day and Card Challenge

Hi everyone.  Hope you all are having a fantastic Valentine's Day.  I am planning a special holiday dinner (by candlelight of course).  Fresh vegetables with salsa..........coconut shrimp.........oven "french fries".........fresh green beans.....and for desert...Chocolate and bluberries made with chocolate brownie, blueberry yogurt, fresh blueberries and whipped topping all layered pretty in a parfait dish.     Total points plus value 14 for you Weight Watchers out there.  Not bad for a celebratory dinner.
OK on to today's card.  Yesterday my husband and I had the great pleasure of visiting two of my former high school buddies.  Remember I graduated in 1963.  I had not seen them for more than 25 years.  What fun!!!  Lots of stories and laughs.  Today I made a card for the hostess's birthday which is next week.  She and I were best buds growing up.  She had (and still has) beautiful red hair and I was a white blond.  Well now I am a frosted blond with a little help from my friends in a box.  Anyway I have the cutest stamp that I have had forever and it reminded me of childhood friendships.  I am entering this in Karen's challenge, her first one. Something for a celebration. You can see it HERE. I think it came out super.  What do you think?


As you can see I made a lined envelope for the card.
Recipe
A2 size card using Stampin up cardstock retired color
Navy blue mat cut at 5.25x4 from Michael's cardstock
DSP from DCWV Stack 6
Stamp is from Great Impressions and matted on 3 3/4x 3 1/8
white gel stiching added


I found that this stamp is really hard to do clearly so the secret I use is to get out my mouse pad and use it under the cardstock.  The cushion allows for the intricate lines to stamp clearly.  Hope you all like it and have a great rest of Valentine's Day


No comments:

Post a Comment